Inventory Unit Detail
2008 Ducati 1098
08 1098 door
It has a Sargent seat with red piping and the matching pillion seat.
Dan Kyle Triple trees
....much much more.
You have to see this bike!
ENGINEERED BY THE STOPWATCH, DESIGNED BY THE RACETRACK
The 1098 immediately strikes you with its purposeful, no-nonsense attitude. Performance is first and foremost in every detail.
Trademark Ducati features like the high tail section and compact front-end meld with twin under-seat silencers and single-sided swingarm to express its aerodynamics and agility. Add the new Testastretta Evoluzione engine at the heart of the machine and you get an all-out performance Ducati Superbike that seems to be moving fast, even when at rest.
The 1098 introduces a number of 'firsts' for Ducati and production sport bike design. The 1098 is the first production motorcycle to have the amazing stopping power of Brembo Monobloc brakes, the first to have a data acquisition system integrated as standard equipment and the first to use an ingenious construction method for its weight-saving single-sided swingarm. More 'firsts' for a road-going Ducati include the direct application of MotoGP technology, like the power producing GP6-derived elliptical throttle bodies and the use of the information-rich instrumentation originally developed for the new Desmosedici GP7.
The 1098 has the soul of a race bike, pure and simple. The riding position encourages the rider to mould to the sleek lines of the tank and seat: man and machine are made one. It transmits the quality and character of contact between road surface and tyre, it signals the way the chassis will react next and responds instinctively to rider commands.
Satisfying all the senses, the throaty roar of the twin under-seat exhausts are synchronized with the howl of the elliptical throttle bodies providing a fitting fanfare for the new 1098 Testastretta Evoluzione engine. The huge 104mm bore and all-new cylinder head design unite to produce an awesome 160hp and an arm-wrenching 90+ lb-fts of torque. Developed together with Ducati Corse, the 1098 is a masterpiece of incredible performance and innovation.
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame in ALS 450
- Wheelbase: 1430 mm / 56.3 in
- Rake & Trail: 24°30' / 24,5°
- Front Suspension: Showa 43mm with TiO fully adjustable upside-down fork
- Front Wheel Travel: 127 mm / 5 in
- Front Brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc calipers 4-piston, 2-pad.
- Front Wheel: 5-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x 17
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Suspension: Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Showa monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear Wheel Travel: 127 mm / 5 in
- Rear Brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- Rear Wheel: 5-spoke light alloy 6.00 x 17
- Rear Tire: 190/55 ZR 17
- Fuel Capacity: 15.5 L (of which 4L reserve) / 4.1 US gal (of which 1 US gal reserve)
- Dry Weight: 173 kg / 381lbs
- Seat Height: 820 mm / 32.2 in
- Instruments: Digital MotoGP derived unit displaying: Speedometer, rev counter, clock, scheduled maintenance warning, warning light for low oil pressure, fuel level, oil temperature, fuel reserve, trip fuel, neutral, turn signals, average speed, average fuel consumption, remaining fuel metre, immobilizer. Ready for DDA system
- Warranty: 2 years unlimited mileage
- Color combinations (Tank-Frame-Wheels): (Red-Red-Black) (Black-Black-Black)
- Versions: Dual seat
- Type: L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1099 cc
- Bore and stroke: 104 x 64.7 mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.5:1
- Power: 119.3 kw - 160 hp @ 9750rpm
- Torque: 90.4 lb-ft - 12.5 kgm @ 8000rpm
- Fuel system: Marelli electronic fuel injection, elliptical throttle bodies
- Exhaust: Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and lambda probe. Twin stainless steel mufflers
- Emissions: Euro3
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Ratio: 1st 37/15, 2nd 30/17, 3rd 28/20, 4th 26/22, 5th 24/23, 6th 23/24
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.84:1
- Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 38
- Clutch: Dry multiplate with hydraulic control
- Tank/Fairing: Red, Yellow
- Frame Color: Red, Racing Grey
- Wheels Color: Black
- Engine Type
- L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder Desmodromic
- 1099 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 104 x 64.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Marelli electronic fuel injection, elliptical throttle bodies
- Front Suspension
- Showa 43 mm with TiO fully adjustable upside-down fork; Front Wheel Travel: 5 in. (127 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Showa monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm; Rear Wheel Travel: 5 in. (127 mm)
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc calipers 4-piston, 2-pad.
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17; Front Wheel: 5-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17; Rear Wheel: 5-spoke light alloy 6.00 x 17
- 56.3 in (1430 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.2 in. (820 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.1 gal (of which 1 gal reserve), 15.5 L (of which 4 L reserve)
- Dry Weight
- 381 lbs (173 kg)
- Gearbox: 6 speed; Primary drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.84:1; Clutch: Dry multiplate with hydraulic control
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 38
- Digital MotoGP derived unit
- Tank/Fairing: Red, Yellow ; Frame Color: Red, Grey; Wheels Color: Black
- 2 years unlimited mileage