Inventory Unit Detail
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Granturismo
Rizoma reservoirs, GPS mount, crash bars, fog lights, high capacity bags.
Gotta love the sound of that Termi pipe too!
Ready to Ride the World
The S Granturismo embodies the touring spirit of the new Multistrada to perfection. 73-liter panniers, top case and Ducati Skyhook Suspension (DSS) have been combined with even more touring-oriented ergonomics to engine protection bars, to provide an optimal set-up whatever the riding conditions. The goal: to tour the world.
Ducati's four-bikes-in-one concept is achieved by selecting from a choice of four pre-set Riding Modes programmed to instantly change the engine character and the riding parameters of the Multistrada 1200 - even while riding. The four modes are made possible by combining a number of class-leading technologies. An electronic Ride-by-Wire (RbW) system administers different mappings to regulate power delivery by interpreting the rider's throttle input, while the world-beating Ducati Traction Control system (DTC) uses eight levels of system interaction to enhance control by reducing wheel-spin. ABS is also programmed to offer the optimum setting appropriate to the Riding Mode selected and, for the ‘S' versions, Sachs electronic suspension front and rear not only configures the suspension set-up with Riding Mode appropriate electronic adjustment, but Ducati Skyhook Suspension (DSS) now also instantly reacts to additional inputs to maintain overall vehicle composure for a smoother ride.
The new Multistrada 1200 S targets those customers who want to enjoy the sport performance of the Multistrada 1200 on long trips with a passenger. The standard equipment offered on the S Granturismo makes for increased load capacity and comfort and includes: larger side panniers (73 liters), top case (48 liters), soft inner liners for side panniers and top case, comfort seat for rider and passenger, 20-mm raised handlebar, supplementary LED lights, oversized windscreen, engine crash bars, tank protectors and Pirelli Angel GT tires. With its touring setup and the sport performance of the new Testastretta 11° DS engine, the Granturismo comes ready to travel the world.
- Type: L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, Dual Spark, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1198.4 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 106 x 67.9 mm
- Compression ratio: 11.5:1
- Power: 150 hp - 110.3 kW @ 9250 rpm
- Torque: 124.5 Nm (91.8 lb-ft) @ 7,500 rpm
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection system, elliptical throttle bodies
- Exhaust: Stainless steel muffler with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, aluminum tail pipes
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.84:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
- Final drive: Chain 5.30 in.; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 40
- Clutch: Light action, wet, multiplate clutch with hydraulic control. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front suspension: 48mm fully adjustable usd forks. Electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment with Ducati Skyhook Suspension
- Front wheel: 10-spoke in light alloy 3.50 x 17
- Front tire: Pirelli Angel GT 120/70 17 in.
- Rear suspension: Electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment. Electronic spring pre-load adjustment with DSS Aluminum single-sided swingarm.
- Rear wheel: 10-spoke light alloy 6.00 x 17
- Rear tire: Pirelli Angel GT 190/55 17 in.
- Front wheel travel: 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Rear wheel travel: 170 mm (6.7 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 320mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo calipers, 4-piston, 2-pad. ABS as standard equipment
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- Instrumentation: Multifunction digital dashboard of two displays with white backlight. Main LCD display: odometer (total, trip 1 and trip2), speedometer, rev counter, clock, gear indicator, coolant temperature; fuel level. Circular LCD dot-matrix display: trip computer (riding style set-up, active riding parameters, remaining fuel/distance, current fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, average speed, air temperature, trip time), maintenance intervals indicator (Km), signaling alarms and errors detection (diagnosis), setup menu and customization functions. Interface for the management of Riding Modes (control power curve and throttle response, traction control, ABS, DSS). "Parking" and "Steering lock" indicators. Activation and adjustment heated-grips control function (Touring and Granturismo versions only). Lights: oil pressure, neutral N, fuel warning, turn signal, EOBD (diagnosis), high beam, DTC intervention (Traction Control) and deterrent immobilizer (in Key-Off). Headlight control: auto switching-off during engine start, auto turning-off after 60 seconds from Key-On without starting the engine. The key management of the various function menus are integrated in the left and right switch controls.
- Dry weight: 217 kg (478 lb.)
- Wet weight: 245 kg (540 lb.)
- Seat height: 850 mm (33.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1530 mm (60.2 in.)
- Rake: 25°
- Trail: 110 mm (4.33 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 20 L - 5.3 gal. (US)
- Versions: Dual seat
- Standard Equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, DSS, Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC), RbW, Hands-Free. 73 litre side luggage, 48 litre top case, internal soft bags, heated grips, centre stand, LED spot lights, engine potection-bars, extended screen, +20 mm higher handlebar, comfort seats
- Warranty: 2 years unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 12,000 km (7,500 miles)
- Valve clearance check: 24,000 km (15,000 miles)
- Standard: Follows the US Federal Regulation
- Engine Type
- L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, Dual Spark
- 1198.4 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 106 x 67.9 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection system, elliptical throttle bodies
- Front Suspension
- 48mm fully adjustable usd forks. Electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment with Ducati Skyhook Suspension
- Rear Suspension
- Electronic compression & rebound damping adjustment. Electronic spring pre-load adjustment with DSS Aluminum single-sided swingarm.
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo calipers, 4-piston, 2-pad. ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Angel GT 120/70 17 in.
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Angel GT 190/55 17 in.
- 60.2 in. (1530 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.5 in. (850 mm)
- 25 deg.
- 4.33 in. (110 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.3 gal. (20 L)
- Dry Weight
- 478 lb. (217 kg)
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain 5.30 in.; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 40
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Red, Matt Chrome
- 2 years unlimited mileage