Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Ducati Monster 1200 S - Liquid Concrete Grey
Better. Faster. Monster.
The new Monster 1200 fully embodies those values that have seen bikers’ hearts race for over 20 years. A sports icon that is totally renewed while staying faithful to the values that have made it unique: even more beautiful, even more technological, still unmistakeably Monster.
- A contemporary icon: The new Monster 1200 has been redesigned to make it more compact, slimmer and with sportier proportions. The lines and the volumes unmistakably recall the legendary Monster, reinterpreting it in a contemporary way. Moreover, the new Monster 1200 sees the return of the tank hook that was included on the first Monster designed by Miguel Galluzzi.
- Adapt it to your riding style: The pre-set Riding Modes allow the rider to optimise bike behaviour depending on riding style. Each of the three Riding Modes (Sport, Touring and Urban), is programmed to act on the electronic Ride-by-Wire (RbW) engine control system and on the ABS, Ducati Traction Control and Ducati Wheelie Control intervention levels.
- Endless excitement: The cutting-edge materials and technologies of the Ducati Testastretta 11° DS ensure particularly long maintenance intervals. With an oil change required every 15,000 km or 12 months and valve clearance check every 30,000 km, the values are of absolute reference for its category.
- S version: The exclusive S version further accentuates the sporting spirit of the Monster, thanks to the fully adjustable Öhlins suspension, racing braking system, 3-spoke Y rims with exclusive “S” graphics and carbon rear mudguard. The front headlight with DRL (Daytime Running Light) ensures the Monster 1200 S is always visible. Available in brand new Liquid Concrete Grey, a polished pastel grey with black frame and rims, sporty and elegant, as well as in classic Ducati Red with black rims.
- Engine: Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinder, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, Dual spark, Liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1,198 cc
- Bore for Stroke: 106 x 67.9 mm (4.17 x 2.67 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 13.0:1
- Power: 147 hp (108 kW) @ 9250 rpm
- Torque: 91 lb-ft (124 Nm) @ 7750 rpm
- Notes on power/torque: The power/torque values indicated are measured using an engine dynamometer according to homologation regulation and they correspond to the homologated data, as quoted in the Bike Registration Document.
- Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection system, full Ride-by-Wire system, equivalent diameter 56 oval throttle bodies
- Exhaust: Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, twin stainless steel mufflers with aluminium covers and end caps
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary Drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.84:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
- Final Drive: Chain; Front sprocket Z15; Rear sprocket Z41
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame attached to the cylinder heads
- Front Suspension: 48 mm Öhlins fully adjustable USD fork
- Front Wheel: Y shaped 3-spoke light alloy with 'S' graphics, 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Suspension: Progressive linkage with Öhlins fully adjustable monoshock, aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear Wheel: Y shaped 3-spoke light alloy with 'S' graphics, 6.00 in. x 17 in.
- Rear Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 190/55 ZR17
- Wheel Travel (Front/Rear): 130 mm (5.12 in.) - 149 mm (5.87 in.)
- Front Brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Evo M50 callipers, 4-piston, radial pump with Bosch cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper, with Bosch cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: Full-TFT colour display
- Dry Weight: 185 kg (408 lb.)
- Kerb Weight: 211 kg (465 lb.)
- Seat Height: Adjustable 795 - 820 mm (31.30 - 32.28 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,485 mm (58.46 in.)
- Rake: 23.3 deg.
- Front Wheel Trail: 86.5 mm (3.41 in.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 16.5 L - 4.36 gal. (US)
- Number of Seats: Dual seat
- Safety Equipment: Cornering ABS Bosch, Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Contronl, Riding Modes
- Ready For: Ducati Multimedia System (DMS), Ducati Data Analyzer (DDA), Anti-theft system, Ducati time running light (DRL)
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Mainteinance Service Intervals: 15,000 km (9,000 mi) / 12 months
- Valve Clean Adjustment (Desmoservice): Valve clearance adjustment 30,000 km (18,000 mi)
- Standard: Euro 4
- CO2 Emission: 119 g/km
- Consumption: 5.2 l/100 km
- Note: Only for countries where Euro 4 standard applies.
- Engine Type
- Testastretta 11 deg., L-Twin cylinder, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, Dual spark
- 1,198 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 4.17 x 2.67 in. (106 x 67.9 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection system, full Ride-by-Wire system, equivalent diameter 56 oval throttle bodies
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket Z15; Rear sprocket Z41
- Front Suspension
- 48 mm Öhlins fully adjustable USD fork
- Rear Suspension
- Progressive linkage with Öhlins fully adjustable monoshock, aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Evo M50 callipers, 4-piston, radial pump with Bosch cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper, with Bosch cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 190/55 ZR17
- 58.46 in. (1,485 mm)
- Seat Height
- Adjustable: 31.30 - 32.28 in. (795 - 820 mm)
- 23.3 deg.
- 3.41 in. (86.5 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.36 gal. US (16.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 408 lb. (185 kg)
- Liquid Concrete Grey
- 24 months unlimited mileage