2018 Ducati Hypermotard 939
There are no limits to fun. A bike that transforms every moment into a riding experience of pure enjoyment.
- Fun wherever you go: With the Hypermotard 939 there's no need for a pristine road, a prestigious racetrack or a remote exotic destination. Thanks to its agility and the combination of the 110 hp of the Testastretta 11° engine and Riding Mode technology, the Hypermotard 939 is perfect for any style and riding condition.
- Unmistakable style: Thanks to cutting-edge design, the Hypermotard 939 range is distinguished by breathtaking aesthetics and an implementation oriented towards maximum fun. An original look inspired by dirt bikes, made even more bold thanks to the high, sleek tail and narrow sides.
- The Hyper thrill: Hypermotard 939 combines the latest generation Testastretta 11° engine with Riding Mode, Power Mode and Ducati Safety Pack technology. Don't hold back: face every road with Hyper toughness.
- Cutting-edge chassis: The compact and durable steel tubular trellis frame makes it possible to contain the bike's weight and allows for a comfortable riding position thanks to the raised handlebar.
- Non-stop emotions: Thanks to Ducati's constant attention to quality and reliability, the 937 cc Testastretta 11° engine allows optimal maintenance management: valve adjustment is scheduled every 30,000 km.
- Standard Equipment: The Hypermotard 939 series includes Power Modes and Full Ride by Wire. Available in the two Ducati Red colours with red frame and black rims and Star White Silk with red rims and black frame.
- Engine: New Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 937 cc
- Bore X stroke: 94 x 67.5 mm
- Compression ratio: 13.1:1
- Power: 81 kW (110 CV) @ 9000 giri/min
- Torque: 95 Nm (70 lb-ft) @ 7500 rpm
- Notes on power/torque: The power/torque values indicated are measured using an engine dynamometer according to homologation regulation and they correspond to the homologated data, as quoted in the Bike Registration Document.
- Fuel injection: Magneti Marelli electronic fuel injection system. Throttle bodies with full Ride-by-Wire system
- Exhaust: Single stainleess steel muffler with catalytic converter and two lambda probes
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.85:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=28/20 4=26/22 5=24/23 6=23/24
- Final drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 43
- Clutch: Wet multiplate clutch mechanically operated. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front suspension: 43 mm usd fork
- Front wheel: 10-spoke in. light alloy, 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front tyre: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Suspension: Progressive linkage with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping Sachs monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear Wheel: 10-spoke in. light alloy, 5.50 in. x 17 in.
- Wheel travel (front/rear): 170 mm (6.7 in.) - 150 mm (5.9 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc callipers, 4-piston, 2-pad, axial pump with adjustable lever, Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper, Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: LCD display with Dot Matrix area
Dimensions and Weights
- Dry weight: 181 kg (399 lb.)
- Kerb weight: 204 kg (450 lb.)
- Seat height: 870 mm (34.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,493 mm (58.8 in.)
- Rake: 25.5 deg.
- Front wheel trail: 104 mm (4.1 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 16 L - 4.2 gal. (US)
- Number of seats: Dual seat
- Safety Equipment: ABS Bosh, Ducati Traction Control (DTC), Riding Mode
- Standard equipment: Power Mode, Fully RbW.
Emissions and Consumption
- Standard: Euro 4
- CO2 Emissions: 123 g/km
- Consumption: 5.2 l/100 km
- Note: Only for countries where Euro 4 standard applies.
- Engine Type
- New Testastretta 11 deg., L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic
- 937 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 94 x 67.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Magneti Marelli electronic fuel injection system. Throttle bodies with full Ride-by-Wire system
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 43
- Front Suspension
- 43 mm usd fork
- Rear Suspension
- Progressive linkage with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping Sachs monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc callipers, 4-piston, 2-pad, axial pump with adjustable lever, Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper, Bosch ABS as standard equipment
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 120/70 ZR17
- 58.8 in. (1,493 mm)
- Seat Height
- 34.2 in. (870 mm)
- 25.5 deg.
- 4.1 in. (104 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.2 gal. US (16 L)
- Dry Weight
- 399 lb. (181 kg)
- Ducati Red