2019 Ducati Monster 1200 R
Sleek tailpiece lines grab the eyes with their sporting looks. 152 hp delivered smoothly by the R power unit charm the ears with their racing accent.
- "R" Design: Unmistakably Monster, aggressively racing. The Monster 1200 R makes an immediate impact with its sporty, compact and lightweight lines. The typical Monster design of the tank blends with the sporty lines of the rear section that, thanks also to the new compact, lightweight frame, immediately conveys an idea of power and dynamism.
- Ready to race: With its 1200 cm3 Testastretta 11° DS twin-cylinder engine in the "R" version, the Monster 1200 R takes the naked concept to the extreme. The engine is in fact able to express its full potential with a full, fluid supply even at low speeds, perfect for riding on the road but also between the kerbs of the track.
- Advanced electronics: Technologically advanced, the Monster 1200 R offers a complete electronic riding control package. Riding Modes allow users to select one of three different ride modes – Sport, Touring or Urban – to adapt the bike to specific riding conditions.
- Endless excitement: The meticulous design and top-quality materials used for the Monster 1200 R have allowed amazing results to be achieved. Adjusting the valve clearance is scheduled for every 30,000 km (Desmo Service) and changing the oil every 15,000 km or every 12 months, increasing service intervals and cutting running costs.
- Engine: Testastretta 11° DS, L-Twin cylinders, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1198.4 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 106 x 67.9 mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.0:1
- Power: 112 kW (152 hp) @ 9,250 rpm
- Torque: 125 Nm (92 lb-ft) @ 7,750 rpm
- Notes on power/torque: The power/torque values indicated are measured using an engine dynamometer according to homologation regulation and they correspond to the homologated data, as quoted in the Bike Registration Document.
- Fuel Injection: Synerject-Continental electronic fuel injection system, elliptical throttle body Ø 56 mm equivalent with full Ride-by-Wire
- Exhaust: Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and two lambda probes. Twin aluminium mufflers
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary Drive: Straight cut gears, ratio 1.84:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/17 3=27/20 4=24/22 5=23/24 6=22/25
- Final Drive: Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 41
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate clutch with hydraulic control. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame attached to the cylinder head
- Front Suspension: Ohlins fully adjustable 48mm usd forks
- Front Wheel: Tri-W spoke forged alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Rear Suspension: Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Öhlins monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear Wheel: Tri-W spoke forged alloy 6.00 in. x 17 in.
- Rear Tyre: 200/55 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Wheel travel (Front/Rear): 130mm (5.1 in.)- 159mm (6.2 in.)
- Front Brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc evo M50 4-piston callipers, radial pump with ABS as standard
- Rear Brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper, with ABS as standard
- Instrumentation: Full-TFT colour display
- Dry Weight: 180 kg (396.8 lb.)
- Seat Height: 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1509 mm (59.4 in.)
- Rake: 24.3 deg.
- Front Wheel Trail: 89 mm (3.5 in.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 17.5 L (4.6 US gal.)
- Number of Seats: Dual seat
- Kerb Weight (KERB): 207 kg (456.3 lb.)
- Security Equipment: ABS, Ducati Traction Control, Riding Modes
- Standard Equipment: Power modes, RbW, seat cover
- Warranty: 24 months unlimited mileage
- Maintenance Service Intervals: 9,000m/12 Months
- Valve Clearance Check (Desmoservice): 30.000km (18,000m)
- Standard: Euro 4
- CO2 Emissions: 127 g/km
- Consumption: 5.4 l/100 km
- Note: Only for countries where Euro 4 standard applies.
- Engine Type
- Testastretta 11 deg. DS, L-Twin cylinders, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic
- 1198.4 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 106 x 67.9 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Synerject-Continental electronic fuel injection system, elliptical throttle body Ø 56 mm equivalent with full Ride-by-Wire
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 41
- Front Suspension
- Ohlins fully adjustable 48mm usd forks
- Rear Suspension
- Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Öhlins monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc evo M50 4-piston callipers, radial pump with ABS as standard
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper, with ABS as standard
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Rear Tire
- 200/55 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- 59.4 in. (1509 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.7 in. (830 mm)
- 24.3 deg.
- 3.5 in. (89 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 US gal. (17.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 396.8 lb. (180 kg)
- 24 months unlimited mileage