2019 Ducati Monster 821
Call for Price
25 Years of Monster
The Monster 821 pays homage to the legacy of the Monster 900, which over 25 years ago revolutionized the motorcycle world. Agile and featuring sporty performance, it was designed for maximum riding enjoyment, at all times and in all conditions. The Monster 821 range has been rejuvenated with a new stealth version: matte black livery, updated graphics and front fairing give a unique character to the naked Ducati par excellence. The standard equipment, which includes adjustable fork and Ducati Quick Shift up/down, makes it even more effective on the road.
- Iconic design: The volumes, silhouette, tank, and headlight characterize the design of the Monster 821 and remain true to the original lines of the bike born in 1993 while revisiting them with a modern flair. The iconic tank comes with a fastening hook, just like the first Monster. The new stealth version features new graphics and the windshield: elements that give the new Monster 821 a unique and unmistakable character.
- Testastretta 11° engine: Thanks to high maximum power and torque values, fluid delivery and a full torque curve at all speeds, the new Monster 821's Testastretta 11° engine can guarantee performance and agility to the rider. The Monster 821 is also available for those with a restricted licence, as a version with 35 kW of regulated power.
- The pleasure of a safe ride: In perfect harmony with the road, the new Monster 821 is capable of conveying pleasant riding sensations, supported by advanced technology and the specially designed ergonomics of this model.
- Endless excitement: The advanced materials and technologies of the Ducati Testastretta 11° engine allow for particularly long maintenance intervals and reduced running costs, calling for an oil change every 15,000 Km (or 12 months) and valve clearance control (Desmo Service) every 30,000 km.
- Standard Equipment: TFT colour display and passenger seat cover, Ducati Traction Control (DTC).
- Type: Testastretta 11°, L-Twin, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, Water cooled
- Displacement: 821 cc (50.1 cu in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 88 x 67.5 mm (3.46 x 2.66 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.8:1
- Power: 80 kW (109 hp) @ 9,250 rpm
- Torque: 86 Nm (8.8 kgm / 63 lb-ft ) @ 7,750 rpm
- Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection system, Ø 53 mm throttle bodies, Full Ride-by-Wire
- Exhaust: 2-1 system, Two lambda probes, Stainless steel muffler with aluminium end cap
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Primary Drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.85:1
- Ratio: 1=37/15, 2=30/17, 3=28/20, 4=26/22, 5=24/23, 6=23/24
- Final Drive: Chain drive, Front sprocket Z15, Rear sprocket Z46
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with mechanical control
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame linked to cylinder heads
- Front Suspension: Ø 43 mm usd fork
- Front Wheel: 10-spoke light alloy, 3.5" x 17"
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso III
- Rear Suspension: Progressive linkage with adjustable monoshock, Aluminium double-sided swingarm
- Rear Wheel: 10-spoke light alloy, 5.5" x 17"
- Rear Tyre: 180/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso III
- Wheel Travel (Front/Rear): 130 mm /140 mm (5.12 in. / 5.51 in.)
- Front Brake: 2 x Ø 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo M4-32 callipers, 4-piston, axial pump with Bosch ABS 9.1 MP as standard equipment
- Rear Brake: Ø 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch ABS 9.1 MP as standard equipment
- Instrumentation: TFT colour display
- Dry Weight: 180.5 kg (398 lb.)
- Wet Weight (KERB): 206 kg (454 lb.)
- Seat Height: Adjustable 785 mm - 810 mm (30.91 in. - 31.89 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,480 mm (58.27 in.)
- Rake: 24.3 deg.
- Trail: 93.2 mm (3.67 in.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 16.5 L (4.36 US gal.)
- Number of Seat: Dual Seat
- Safety Equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Safety Pack (Bosch ABS 9.1 MP + Ducati Traction Control DTC)
- Standard Equipment: Ducati Safety Pack: ABS Bosch, Ducati Traction Control (DTC). Riding Mode, Power Mode, LED position light and tail light, Display TFT colour display, Passenger seat cover, USB power socket.
- Ready For: Ducati Quickshift up&down(DQS), Anti-theft system, Ducati Data Analyzer (DDA)
- Warranty: 24 months, Unlimited mileage
- Maintenance Service Intervals: 15,000 km (9,000 mi) / 12 months
- Valve Clearance Check (Desmoservice): 30,000 km (18,000 mi)
- Standard: Euro 4
- CO2 Emissions: 125 g/km
- Consumption: 5.4 l/100 km
- Note:: Only for countries where Euro 4 standard applies.
- Engine Type
- Testastretta 11°, L-Twin, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder
- 821 cc (50.1 cu in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.46 x 2.66 in. (88 x 67.5 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection system, Ø 53 mm throttle bodies, Full Ride-by-Wire
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain drive, Front sprocket Z15, Rear sprocket Z46
- Front Suspension
- Ø 43 mm usd fork
- Rear Suspension
- Progressive linkage with adjustable monoshock, Aluminium double-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x Ø 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted monobloc Brembo M4-32 callipers, 4-piston, axial pump with Bosch ABS 9.1 MP as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- Ø 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch ABS 9.1 MP as standard equipment
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso III
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso III
- 58.27 in. (1,480 mm)
- Seat Height
- 30.91 in. - 31.89 in. (785 mm - 810 mm)
- 24.3 deg.
- 3.67 in. (93.2 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.36 US gal. (16.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- 398 lb. (180.5 kg)
- Ducati Red
- 24 months, Unlimited mileage